May 19, 2016
8 Unique Spa Marketing Ideas that will get clients in the door fast
Spas are places where people of all ages and ethnic backgrounds can go, get pampered and feel rejuvenated. Many spas offer services such as: massages, pedicures, manicures, hairstyling and body wraps. The competition in this industry is fierce, and your spa marketing ideas should be unique, in order to attract a wide range of potentially interested clients.
Below we have outlined some spa marketing ideas that will not only give your business a boost, but also ensure continued growth.
- An open house is a great way to introduce the facility and staff members to the community. Have a small “goody” bag ready to hand out to all your guests. These memorable gifts should include a brochure listing services with prices, as well as a business card (magnetic is a nice touch, as potential clients may keep it on their refrigerator for easy access). Also include a thank you gift in the bag that could be in the form of a product sample or a discount to a service offered at the spa. Also, serve some light refreshments during your open house, as this leaves a lasting positive impression on your guests.
- Customer Appreciation Day is also an appreciated way to tell loyal customers that you value their business.
- Coupons and vouchers are loved by everyone, and whether they are mailed directly or special offers are on your website, customers will notice and get excited. For instance, an offer to entice first-time customers could be 10% off any offered service. Repeat customers would be happy to refer friends and family, if they are offered a $20 discount or a free service at the spa.
- Connecting with local hotels has been known to be a creative and effective spa marketing idea that generates new customers. Ask the manager of the hotel if their receptionist would give a spa voucher to each guest upon their arrival.
- Contests are a fun way to get the community involved and excited about your products and/or services. For example, ask participants to share their favorite beauty secrets. The Grand Prize should be something spectacular, such as a “Day of Beauty”, and other participants would receive a discount coupon for a service of their choice. This type of spa marketing idea should be posted on the company website, in the local newspaper, and of course inside the spa.
- Trade shows may not generate an immediate boost in clientele, but it will give you a peek into what the competition is doing. In addition, you will walk away with some fresh spa marketing ideas to try in your own business.
- Service industry rates are greatly appreciated by restaurant staff and local retail employees, who are notoriously on their feet for long hours, and would love to indulge in spa services (as long as they are offered at a discount that is deep enough to fit their budget). Also, offering a special service discount to police, ambulance and fire personal is a great opportunity to say “thank you” for the dedication of these first responders. Don’t forget to include Nurses and Teachers.
- Church groups, gardening clubs, and lady auxiliaries are some other organizations that would love to be offered a special discounted service at your spa.
It is highly recommended that you keep track of incoming coupons and vouchers, to see if a particular spa marketing idea is working to successfully promote your business, and also to see if an event (such as an open house, trade show, and/or contest) has filled your appointment book.
If you would like coaching for your spa business marketing efforts contact us to sign up for a free introductory coaching session.